Switzerland is out of budget but still in bucket list!! We are here with two of most splendid Hill stations one of which is known as Mini-Switzerland of India. Yes we are talking about the beautiful Khajjiar and Dalhousie.
How To Reach Dalhousie and Khajjiar-
1. By Bus– Himachal and Haryana roadways have their buses running from Delhi, Chandigarh and even other Metropolitan Cities. Pathankot and Chamba are two of main stations near Dalhousie and Khajjiar.
2. Nearest Railway– Nearest Railway Station to Dalhousie and Khajjiar is Pathankot railway station one can take either bus or private Cab from there.
Places to visit in Dalhousie and Khajjiar- The Mini-Switzerland Of India:
1. Khajjiar Lake– Captured in forever favourite of SRK ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ Khajjiar lake is not less then a paradise and one must not miss this amazing lake in mid of lush green Mountains.
2. Sach Pass : If treks, heights and adventure fantasies you then Sach pass is for you at the altitude of 4,420 mtrs. Sach pass is combination of marvelous beauty and adventure and can be one of best thing about your Khajjiar and Dalhousie Trip.
3. Satdhara Falls– Famous for its medicinal values Satdhara Falls is am amazing magnificent view of seven streams that lead into this falls making it more amazing. Picnic at this place will be just perfect to make your trip more memorable.
Highlights: Apart from all these Daikund peak, Kalatop wildlife sanctuary, Bakotra hills, Panchpulla, Karelanu kund are some must visit places.
Amazing Story Behind Karelanu:
It is believed that Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose drank water of this Kund regularly during his tuberculosis and got healed. Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore and author of ‘The Jungle Book’ also visited this place.
For Your Shopping Cart:
Tibetan Market near the Gandhi Chowk Dalhousie is a perfect place for Shopper’s. From Dry Fruits to Kesar, Ear Rings to Bangles, Shawls to Sleepers, this market has everything for you.
Trekking, Camping, Paragliding can be some highlighting activities for tourist on their trip to Dalhousie and Khajjiar.